Certified counsellor, EMDR practitioner, and EMDR consultant in Training
My name is Bernadine Wallis and if you prefer you can call me Berni.
A bit about me…
- A member the College of Registered Nurses and the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
- Previous experience in community mental health, psychiatric hospitals, provision of psychological services for First Nations and as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Mental Health, and instructor for undergraduate nursing students at the University of Manitoba
- Counselling practice providing individual counselling and training since 1996.
- Volunteer with the mental health commission of Canada’s SPARK program
- EMDR Consultant in training
Many people struggle with fears, anxiety, sadness or other intense emotions that impact their relationships, work life and long-term goals. Most people want to be heard and understood but often they feel alone in the difficulties they face. I am certified in many therapeutic approaches such as CBT, DBT and EMDR. My focus is on using the tools that are most effective to assist you in creating the life you want. This can be managing life changes, depression, anxiety, OCD or chronic illness, fatigue and pain. My commitment is to focus on your wellness.